Nurse Case Mgr Spec-STD/LTD (RN/Registered Nurse)
- Glendale, CA
What you'll be doing
- The candidate monitors medical progress of claimants and reports on and plans for deviations from the normal recovery process/length of disability. S/he evaluates timely activity and case development of an effective medical plan with the most appropriate outcome. This position routinely evaluates case studies to identify trends, issues, and concerns. Candidate makes any necessary modifications. The successful candidate participates directly in customer service calls, visits, pre-sales, installations, and renewals. S/he supports the company insurance initiatives for quality improvement, change, growth, and excellence in business practices. Incumbent understands and is able to articulate claimant's perspective. The role facilitates relations with and between claim examiners, business partners, and customers to develop claim strategies, reduce the total cost of disability in all forms and implement improvement opportunities. The successful candidate collaborates with health care providers and ill/injured employees to promote accountability for the appropriateness and status of treatment plan and length of disability. The role acts as an advocate for injured/ill individuals through the assessment, planning, coordination, collaborating, evaluating, and communication of objective information regarding the medical status and state of well-being.
What your background should be
- Licensed registered with current licensure in state of California license must be current and without standing or pending censure by any state. Minimum 5 years of clinical experience with strong clinical background in at least one or more of the following-medical/surgical nursing occupational health nursing/ orthopedic nursing/ rehabilitation nursing/ cardiology nursing/ oncology nursing. Candidate should have ability to function in a team environment and strong skills in medical assessment/medical record review. The candidate should have excellent excel and word processing skills, ability to type proficiently, strong pc skills. Excellent organizational skills to facilitate the coordination and completion of multiple and varied requests.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in nursing preferred
Who is the client company
- The client company is a global health services organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com