- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Provide patient care under the direct supervision and control of a registered nurse or other licensed leader. Take and record temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure. Obtains and records patient weight and height. Report and document information related to assigned duties, assists with procedures performed in the office/clinic area, cleans examination rooms and instruments according to OSHA standards. Assist with simple non-sterile dressing changes, application and removal of ace bandage, TED hose, and heat lamps, pelvic and unoccupied beds. Perform finger stick for blood glucose monitoring (upon certification). Assist with the collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing as appropriate; must have venipuncture or other certification. Provide instructions to patients and family members according to approved protocols and/or the plan of care under supervision of the registered nurse. Maintain stock supply items inventory management restocking of examination rooms, etc.
What your background should be
- Must speak and understand English with the ability to communicate effectively. Must have an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and have manual and finger dexterity. Completion of an approved nurse aide training program, or student nurses meeting the listing requirements of the DFS nurse aide registry, required. Current unrestricted listing with the DFS nurse aide registry as a nurse aide I required. Basic life support for healthcare provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org