Network Technician (VTC)
- Tampa, FL
What you'll be doing
- The network technician (vtc) is responsible for configuring and maintaining multi-conference units (tandberg/codian), cisco video communications servers (controllers and expressways) and gatekeepers. The candidate will be responsible for operation and support of tandberg management suite. S/he will perform external connections to dvs-g (ip or isdn). The applicant will understand the protocols and standards necessary for multimedia communications (to include audio, video, and data on networks) that support H.320 and H.323 (some examples of these protocols are: e.164, H.261, H.263, G711, G728, H.244, H.245, and H.239). This position will implement the plan of nnx. The incumbent will follow the streaming media: windows media server to include creation of publishing points, encoding and decoding devices, multicast ip ranges, optibase FITIS, recording, archiving, video on demand, windows media format, and H.264.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have formal training and certificate in it systems. S/he should have minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in the LAN/WAN administration. TS/SCI clearance required. The incumbent should have strong troubleshooting background in networking and communications equipment, strong communication skills (written & oral). The applicant should have knowledge in security + IAW DoD 8570. S/he should have the ability to deal with customers at all levels in stressful situations, ability to prioritize and dynamically re-task response and recovery actions as situations change. Cisco certified network associate (CCNA) certification, ITIL v3 foundations desired. Applicable it industry-recognized DoD 8570 certification required. This position may require shift work and weekend work.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree or equivalent
Who is the client company
- The client company provides engineering, design and construction service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org