Network Services Manager
- Newport News, VA
What you'll be doing
- Accountable for capital and operational budgeting for in-scope technology and operational areas. Develop strategic approach for integration of new technologies, infrastructures and operating environments as required. Order networking equipment as needed to include cables and related hardware/software. Maintain the spares inventory of related hardware. Install, maintain and oversee the teams responsible for the operation of network routers, switches and related peripheral equipment. Install, maintain and oversee enterprise firewall and internet environments. Provide training and work direction to assigned staff; coordinate projects and oversee work in progress; recommend and implement improvements. Meet with key vendors to conduct performance reviews of network services and infrastructure. Coordinate moves, additions and changes in the network. Troubleshoot and isolate network failures and performance issues; work closely with vendors for resolution. Handle user problems, questions and requests on network related issues. Work with other groups within IS to resolve network related issues as needed.
What your background should be
- At least 6-8 years of data networking experience, as a manager, in a large, multi-vendor enterprise wide-area-network environment. Experience managing multi-million dollar operational and capital budgets across different geographies and operating environments. Proven expertise in vendor relations, management and optimization across a diverse and dynamic services portfolio.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or related technical discipline.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest plumbing wholesalers in North America and a major distributor of HVAC&R equipment, waterworks and fire protection products, and industrial pipes, valves and fittings.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org