- Mooresville, NC
What you'll be doing
- The Network Engineer lead complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, and level 3 technical support of LAN/WAN data, voice and video information technology solutions with a focus on but not limited to security architecture design, strategies and compliance. The Network Engineer responsibilities are to configure and implement security and internet platforms, local and wide area networks, telecommunications, along with management and associated diagnostic tools to support new and existing technology architectures. The Network Engineer has to make decisions independently on information systems solutions, problems and methods. Network Engineer architecture that include proxy/web filtering, endpoint identity management (NAC/ISE), firewalls and IDS/IPS systems. The Engineer mentor junior engineers on security & networking technologies, standards, methodologies, and procedures. Participate in developing long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals. Coordinate to isolate and resolve network and security related issues. Participate in IT and corporate-lead initiatives. Research new technology and evaluates viability to meet or exceed business requirements and goals.
What your background should be
- Able to threat and vulnerable indicate management and remediation activity. Experience in Cisco ACE, F5 LTM/GTM, quality of service (QOS), routing, switching, DNS/DHCP, voice over IP, packet capture, analysis and troubleshooting tools, scripting to automate manual functions. Five years of planning, design, and implementation experience in network security and networking in a large enterprise retail environment. In-depth working knowledge of at least 3 of the following network related Cisco platforms: firewalls, routers, LAN switches, load balancing systems, remote access systems, network management and capacity planning systems. Working knowledge of the following: payment card industry (PCI) and sarbanes-oxley security standards, threat and vulnerability management and remediation, IP addressing, OSI model, ethernet, wireless, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS. Working knowledge of Cisco routers, switches and security platforms, including: Nexus 7k/5k/2k, 6500, 4500, 3750, 3560 switches, ISR / ASR routers, FWSM, ASA, VPN concentrators, ACE, load balancers. Experience using diagnostic and management tools such as: Netscout, Wireshark, Sniffer, Fluke, NetMRI, Solarwinds, MRTG, Cacti.
Required Schooling / Training
- 4 year college degree in related field.
Who is the client company
- The client is an American company that operates a chain of retail home improvement and appliance stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org