MySQL/Oracle Database Administrator
- Annapolis Junction, MD
What you'll be doing
- MySQL/Oracle Database Administrator monitors database activity and file usage and ensures necessary resources are present so that databases function properly by removing, deleting old or obsolete files. Develops complex data retrieval queries and optimizes data queries within programs for performance and maintainability. Determines data to collect and analyzes information as appropriate. Analyzes and determines informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities for complex databases. Recommends and implements course of action based on analyses. Defines logical attributes and inter-relationships and designs complex data structures to accommodate database production, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance. Tests designed applications utilizing database management software and/or general programming software to enhance performance. Determines test) to use and collects appropriate data as has been established. Installs implements and supports complex systems within user base; creates and updates database installation instructions and design changes for client use. Provides work guidance and leadership to less experienced personnel. Act as technical project leader on assigned projects. Utilize standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
What your background should be
- Position required four or more years of experience in database design or maintenance. Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures. Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures. Experience working with database creation techniques and database management systems (DBMS) such as Oracle and MySQL. Experience working with performance modeling and benchmarking skills and relational databases. Good analytical and problem solving skills. Good programming skills for database management and general software. Good communication skills for providing documentation to support personnel, customers and managers. Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel. Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently. Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action. Knowledge of and experience with ServiceNow is a plus.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred/equivalent combination of education and experience.
Who is the client company
- This multinational corporation provides information technology (IT) services and professional services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org