Mutual Fund Tax Manager
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Support product development initiatives including new funds, fund closures, etc. Support of new investments by reviewing for suitability with regard to U.S. Mutual funds. Support portfolio managers. Review of federal, state and local, and non-us tax compliance provided by outside service provider, including coordinating and monitoring to ensure accuracy and timeliness of compliance. Develop and enhance relationship with outside service providers. Work with operations and fund administration on gathering information. Assist as requested in the independent accountant financial statement audit. Assist in federal and state and local tax return audits. Identify opportunities for process improvements including technology advancements and coordinate with ms tax technology team to develop those enhancements. Develop and maintain relationships with various other departments including legal, investor relations, product development, operations and various outside service providers. Review of fund footnote disclosures, distribution requirements, etc provided by outside service provider.
What your background should be
- Experience with subchapter m required, experience with partnerships a plus. Experience with non-us tax investment taxes and related compliance requirements a plus. Motivated, team oriented self starter who desires a broad range of tax issues and has the ability to work effectively and efficiently in an environment with all levels of personnel, adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment. Willingness to be hands-on. Excellent oral and written communications, analytical and organizational skills are required. Demonstrate a strong understanding of ASC topic 740, in particular as it relates to mutual funds and partnerships. Requires a minimum of five years of progressively increasing tax experience, with public accounting experience a plus. Certification as a CPA preferred. Strong Microsoft office skills required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in accounting, master in tax a plus but not required.
Who is the client company
- This is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com