MRI Technologist (PRN)
- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- The MRI technologist (PRN) operates magnetic resonance imaging equipment, computer, and image management systems utilized in performing MRI exams. The candidate provides patient care appropriate for a working environment that utilizes magnetic fields. S/he manages the application of MR contrast agents. Determines how the selection of parameters and options affects image quality. The applicant processes MRI data, including the development and implementation of new procedures. S/he monitors computers, injector systems, patient care monitors, and other related equipment. Maintains venipuncture technique and patient care skills appropriate for administration of MRI contrast materials. This position obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals, or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist, or registered nurse. The role establishes a self-study program that maintains knowledge of state-of-the-art technology and meets ARRT or NCSRT CME requirements. S/he works closely with the area supervisor in providing procedural updates or recommendations.
What your background should be
- MRI experience preferred; formal MRI training a significant benefit; advanced registry in MRI beneficial. Communication skills, both oral and written are essential components to job performance. Uses of appropriate protective measures are required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED and completion of a formal, AMA approved radiologic technology or nuclear medicine program required. Registry with either the NMTCB, ARRT (N), OR ARRT (R) required.
Who is the client company
- This is a nonprofit hospital network which operates hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, urgent care centers, and medical practices.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com