Molecular Biologist, Vaccine Immunotherapeutics
- La Jolla, CA
What you'll be doing
- The biologist will seek to discover novel vaccines (prophylactic and therapeutic) for the prevention and treatment of significant human diseases (e.g. infectious diseases, oncology) using a variety of vaccine technology platforms combined with Immunomodulatory agents. The candidate will primarily use technical skills and to generate and characterize DNA and viral vector vaccines in support of vaccine projects. Work with supervisor to define aim and a plan to achieve that aim in a given timeline, will then execute work following the plan independently, if familiar with area of work, with guidance if unfamiliar. Experimental design will fine tune experiments following discussion with supervisor and literature review. Applicant will carry out ongoing analysis of data generated and will identify problems. S/he will implement necessary changes following discussion with supervisor. Will analyze and interpret experimental data, results, and methodologies used with guidance; will gain skills and experience to be fully conversant with the operation and validation of all items of equipment or it needed for experimentation, data analysis, storage and data entry. Contribute to writing of e.g. SOPS, study reports, and protocols. Write up laboratory notebooks regularly in compliance with GSP and internal policies. Preparation of presentation materials once bedded into group. Regular communication with supervisor and team colleagues (1:1 and group meetings). Developing communication/presentation skills at internal meetings. Completion of risk and COSHH assessments, compliance with all internal procedures.
What your background should be
- The candidate with at least 1 year (MS) or 3 years (BS) of working in a laboratory in an academic or industrial setting experience is preferred. Molecular cloning and RNA/DNA analysis techniques (e.g. PCR, restriction digests, ligations, homologous recombination, gel electrophoresis, nucleic acid purification) required. Recombinant virus production and/or characterization; biochemical and/or cell based assays relevant to virology/immunology; protein expression analysis techniques (e.g. protein concentration determination, Western Blot, ELISA) preferred. Cell transfection/transduction; Asceptic technique and maintenance of mammalian and/or insect cell lines; recombinant protein expression and purification preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS/MS degree in life sciences, preferably in molecular biology/virology/cellular biology.
Who is the client company
- A multinational pharmaceutical corporation, which develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com