Middle School Teacher
- Colorado Springs, CO
What you'll be doing
- Embody the characteristics that the school wishes the students to uphold, especially respect, excellence, authenticity, curiosity, hard work and professionalism. Teach at least four classes each day, in addition to one block of tutoring or enrichment and one block of homework center. Document all syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, and other curricular materials. Work closely with the executive director and assistant principal to develop and implement strategies for all students to reach success. Reinforce school-wide rules and expectations in the classroom. Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families and colleagues. Assist in the design and implementation of research-based curriculum. Maintain the school culture of high academic and behavioral expectations through continuous reflection. Assist in student arrival and departure, transitions between class periods, and lunch periods.
What your background should be
- Experienced classroom teacher with demonstrated, quantifiable and objective student performance gains that surpass state or local averages. Ability to work with a variety of learning abilities, including those with low skill level in a heterogeneously grouped classroom setting. Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, especially with parents and community members. Flexibility and initiative necessary to contribute to a start up organization. Basic understanding of data analysis. Three years of urban teaching preferred. State licensure in elementary education or the subject area to be taught preferred. Advanced degrees in education or content area preferred. At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an educational service provider institution.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com