Mid VTC Network Technician
- Tampa, FL
What you'll be doing
- Provide support for all stationary VTC infrastructure equipment and software extending out to the lan wall jack. Provide support for deployable VTC systems. Ensure full interoperability and a seamless connection between all internal and external systems to include, but not limited to, DISN video services global (DVS-g), NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and JWICS. Maintain video network products and equipment such as Polycom video systems, Cisco Tandberg video systems, amino technologies, VBRICK systems, and Optibase. Understand protocols and standards necessary for multimedia communications (to include audio, video, and data on networks) that support h.320 and h.323. Some examples of these protocols are e.164, h.261, h.263, g711, g728, h.244, h.245, and h.239. Maintain a video network consisting of Cisco routers and switches. Encoding and decoding devices, multicast IP ranges, optibase FITIS, recording, archiving, video on demand, windows media format and h.264.
What your background should be
- Minimum of the above 4 years experience in LAN/WAN administration. Strong troubleshooting background in networking and communications equipment. Network administration experience. Strong communication skills (written & oral). Ability to deal with customers at all levels in stressful situations. Ability to prioritize and dynamically re-task response and recovery actions as situations change. Ability to lead a small team of technicians through upgrade, configuration and maintenance of video systems on different classification networks. Recent experience with military cryptographic equipment. Ability to test/terminate various copper and fiber-optic cabling. Cisco certified network associate (CCNA) certification. ITIL v3 foundations. Applicable it industry-recognized DoDD 8570 certification required. This position may require shift work and weekend work. This position may require deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations worldwide, and may include hazardous duty areas.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree with additional formal training and certifications in it systems. Direct experience will be considered in lieu of advanced degree.
Who is the client company
- This company is an engineering, design, and construction firm and a U.S. federal government contractor.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com