- Raleigh, NC
What you'll be doing
- Prepare and deliver daily television and web weathercast with evaluation based on poise and voice quality which is authoritative, credible and conversational. Gather and accurately interpret meteorological information. Prepare timely forecast that meet standard established by the chief meteorologist, news director and VP/GM. Aggressively cover breaking weather event and story. Operate and utilize computer graphic system to present weather information that is interesting, accurate and easy for the viewer to understand. Generate and develop weather story idea. Make public appearance at the guidance of the news director and marketing department. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- 2 years experience as a weather anchor or reporter preferred. Must maintain positive image when dealing with the public. Must have strong on camera skills, ability to work under time and pressure deadlines, strong technical skills using different weather systems, strong computer skills and willingness to work different shifts. NWS or AMS seal desirable. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skill. This position requires the ability to work well in fast paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines. Must have a valid NC driver's license and a good driving record. Must be able to maintain customer and personnel information in a confidential manner.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in meteorology required from four years college or university.
Who is the client company
- This is an American cable telecommunications company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com