Metal Fitter Tacker
- Burbank, CA
What you'll be doing
- Fabricates and assembles sheet metal parts and finished products from blueprints and verbal instructions. Performs such typical operations as drilling, trimming and filing, grinding and assembling parts in jigs and holding fixtures involving a number of location points to exacting tolerances. Straightens and aligns the assemblies before and after welding in order to keep parts in direct location to each other and to obtain proper contour to exacting tolerances. Holds parts in place by spot welding, clamping, bonding or machine tacking. Uses all hand tools, portable tools, stationary tools and tooling necessary to perform sheet metal fabrications; also such tools as air motors, metal shrinkers and expanders, gauges and other general shop tools. Checks planning sequence of work operations and submits any corrections or suggestions to the foreman for approval. Performs rework, repairs and other associated operations in connection with the work described. Ascertains correct welding rods, welding locations and processes required to tack weld metal parts by following established shop practices, verbal or written instructions. Becomes familiar with assembly set ups to determine if the parts are properly fitted prior to welding. Properly selects and uses various filler rods. To become familiar with weld rods and weld symbol charts and weld specific actions.
What your background should be
- Three to five years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The company is willing to train individual who possess the ability to learn mechanical skills quickly. Have complete knowledge of shop practice and the ability to read assembly blueprints.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Who is the client company
- Concern about human resources services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com