- Plano, TX
What you'll be doing
- As a merchandise assistant, a candidate will track samples using the online sample log and tracks expenses. Work directly with a team to organize, purge and display all samples, including sample counter. Maintain sample rooms, including movement of samples and shipping packages. Process all received packages and ensures delivery to the appropriate manager. Initiate and respond to telephone inquiries to resolve matters not requiring the specific action of the buyer, assistant buyer, other mat members or manager as assigned. Assist buying and work unit associated with the preparation and proofing of necessary plans, materials, data and reports for assigned tasks. Prepare, maintain and update data, reports and records required by management utilizing appropriate computer software. Handle routine inquiries and correspondence from a number of sources (internal and external) by obtaining the necessary information and preparing appropriate responses. Perform related clerical and administrative activities such as responding to email, data entry, processing mail, fax and setting up also maintaining files. Schedule and set appointments, arrange team meetings and maintain managers calendar (as requested). Tabulate and verify data on a wide variety of subjects by calculating, tracking, compiling, editing and arranging data in appropriate formats. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Previous retail experience preferable in a leadership or visual aspect preferred. Minimum two years supporting a department or team experience preferred. Excellent skills in both written and oral also preferred. Proficiency in ms software (word, excel, power point and outlook) and other standard office equipment for recording, storing, analyzing and presenting information.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in fashion merchandising, marketing or apparels and textiles preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a department store company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org