Medical Technologist,Hematology/Blood Bank
- Bellingham, WA
What you'll be doing
- Evaluates specimens for testing, utilizes appropriate criteria and upholds established performance standards. Understands and applies established criteria for testing, and analysis of entire process from preparation, conducting test, functioning of devices and procedures to ensure quality test results. Performs waived, moderate and high complexity laboratory tests. Maintains equipment and tools; performs quality assurance testing, routine calibration and ensures optimal performance. Participates in the evaluations of techniques and procedures. Develops, evaluates and implements new procedures or protocols and tests. Consults with clinicians, supervisor and other caregivers as appropriate on test results, requirements and testing protocols. Gives direction and guidance to other caregivers, trains new caregivers and students. Provides in-services which apply toward the continuing education requirements and in alignment with the continuing education program. Responsible for maintaining appropriate records for specimens, tests and data. Utilizes computer systems in reporting and documenting analysis. Participates in department in-services and continuing education programs, attending lectures, workshops and video presentation as required. Participates in required competency assessment and proficiency testing activities. Is aware of compliance requirements (CAP, HIPAA, etc) and provides active support. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Certified medical technologist (MT), medical lab technician (MLT), medical lab scientist (MLS), ASCP or equivalent is preferred. Working knowledge of specimen collection, preparation, and test requirements and factors affecting test interpretation in responding to inquiries. Good written and verbal communication skills. Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs. Moderate lifting up to 35 pounds. Mathematical ability to calculate fractions, percentages, ratios, proportion measurements and apply practical algebra.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate's or bachelors degree in medical technology, chemistry or biological science or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com