Medical Technologist (Chemistry)
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
What you'll be doing
- Performs established routine or special technical procedures on blood, urine, body fluids or other specimens in one or more areas of chemistry, hematology, microbiology, or serology. Performs established routine or special culture preparation for various sources using bacteriologic or mycologic procedures. Performs established routine or special culture preparation for aerobic, anaerobic, fungus, blood, water or other specimens and processes. Reads and interprets cultures and microscopic stains in the area of microbiology. Identifies, researches and follows up on issues and concerns with specimens and requisitions. Analyzes laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results and ensure promptness of test results; report test results to the appropriate care giver directly or through the direction of department manager or designee. Operates, calibrates or maintains equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis. Prepares, handles and stores reagents using department guidelines; maintains adequate levels of stock. Adheres to laboratory quality control programs. Releases data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into computer. Reports abnormal findings to section manager or designee; applies understanding of procedural and clinical implications of analysis. Reviews workflow reports, documents work activities and reports pending work to oncoming technologist to ensure team goal for meeting. Ensures accurate and prompt test results are reported to the appropriate caregiver, especially in critical or life threatening situations. Participates in laboratory quality control and quality improvement programs. Documents quality controls and key laboratory outcome indicators. Applies established policies and procedures to meet and exceed regulatory and accrediting agencies requirements. Practices infection control and bio-hazardous specimen safety precautions; keeps work area clean and organized. Assists with other department functions as requested.
What your background should be
- Minimum entry level up to two years clinical laboratory experience as licensed medical technologist (MT) required. Certified by a professional laboratory certifying agency (i.e. ASCP, AMT) or certification eligibility required. Current state of Florida license as a technologist in hematology, chemistry, serology or microbiology as necessary to work in respective laboratory section required. Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel and Outlook, basic proficiency in MS Word required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate with a four year degree in medical technology or related field required.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest kidney care companies in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com