- Wallingford, CT
What you'll be doing
- The medical technologist will follow the laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result. The candidate will maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency-testing samples tested in the same manner as patient specimens. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (department sops). Review and release test results. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines. Adhere to the laboratory quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory established performance specifications. Follow department procedure in reporting stats or critical results to clients. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site, general appearance of the department. Make sure reagents kits have received dates, expiration dates. Review/train on new procedures. Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings. Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
What your background should be
- One year of clinical experience in highly complexity testing is preferred. The candidate must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously. S/he must interact with other departments, must protect patient confidentiality at all times. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills are important.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS/BA in chemistry, biology, or associate degree in a laboratory science or medical technology. BS in medical technology is preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a renowned independent corporation of diagnostics that provides clinical laboratory services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org