- Vero Beach, FL
What you'll be doing
- The medical technologist is responsible for professional work in the performance of a variety of bench procedures in a medical technological area, with a significant amount of time spent in the performance of the more complex procedures within the assigned work area or as a lead worker within the assigned work area. Tests performed to aid in the diagnosis of disease and treatment of patients. The incumbent will work more in-depth knowledge of the work area or special procedures, and a broader scope of interpretation of test results and clinical interface as required. The candidate is responsible for complex and routine laboratory work along with any special assignments delegated by the supervisor or director. She/he will perform preventive maintenance; keep work area clean, train new associates and students. The applicant will provide professional guidance to lower level professionals. This position will perform and monitor quality, and assist in the evaluation of new methods. The role work will supervised by a laboratory supervisor.
What your background should be
- Must obtain the required number of continuing education credits deemed necessary by the state of Florida for professional license renewal. Incumbent, certified as a mt (or higher) by ascp, nca, amt, aab, or an equivalent certifying agency. Florida temporary license or regular license as a medical technologist generalist or in at least the three specialty areas of clinical chemistry, hematology, and immuno hematology required. Depending on shift/section, the specialties of microbiology and serology may also be required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in clinical laboratory, chemical, or biological science
Who is the client company
- This is a widely recognized leader in providing exceptional, evidence-based, patient-centered care.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org