- Tallahassee, FL
What you'll be doing
- The medical technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include: processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results, performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting, verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods, works with physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests. The medical technologist serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed, orients and mentors new staff members. The person follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What your background should be
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist required. Florida state licensure as a medical technologist is required in all areas of the lab. Minimum 1 year of experience as a medical technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment is desired from the candidate. Strong team work and collaboration abilities, ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Applicant is needed to be able to lifting up to 50 pounds. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting is expected.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training is required. Bachelor degree is preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a leading provider of quality healthcare to the leon county area.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com