- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Medical technologist will follow the laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures. Review and release test results. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines. Adhere to the laboratory quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed. Follow the laboratory established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory established acceptable levels of performance. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory established performance specifications. Follow department procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
What your background should be
- Minimum 1 year of clinical experience and minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing is preferred. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously. Ability to interact with other departments. Ability to maintain frequent contacts with clients may be required, good customer service skills are important. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS/BA in chemistry, biology or medical technology. Associates degree in a laboratory science or medical technology preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a corporation that provides clinical laboratory services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com