- Kissimmee, FL
What you'll be doing
- Medical iechnologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. Responsibilities include processes specimens, prepare reagents, perform testing procedures; reports and interprets test results. Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods. Works with physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests. Servers as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed. Orients and mentors new staff members. Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What your background should be
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist. Florida State licensure as a medical technologist is required in all areas of the lab. Minimum 1 year of experience as a medical technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. Strong teamwork and collaboration abilities. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Lifting up to 50 pounds. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate's degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Who is the client company
- A renowned medical center that provides a full range of acute care services including emergency services, diagnostic imaging, inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, laboratory, pharmacy, and a full range of support services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org