- South Omaha, NE
What you'll be doing
- The medical screener is an entry-level position and is responsible for registering new and current donors and conducting a series of screening procedures to determine suitability for plasma donation. Screening procedures may include reviewing health related documents and taking vital signs including blood pressure, pulse and temperature. Additional responsibilities include: maintains compliance with SOP, current good manufacturing procedures (cGMP) and regulatory guidelines. Greets and builds rapport with donors and directs them to appropriate areas for further processing. Performs finger sticks and utilizes screening equipment to obtain hematocrit and protein readings (excluding California donor centers). Performs clerical duties including creating and maintaining donor record files and inputting information into the donor management computer software. Answers the telephone and any donor inquiries regarding the procedure, payment and company policies in a prompt, professional manner. Cleans and maintains equipment on a daily basis and troubleshoots issues as they arise.
What your background should be
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to understand and follow protocol. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read numbers on screening equipment such as scales, thermometers, graphs, digital vital signs monitor and refractometers. Must possess any licenses or certifications required by the state. Must possess basic computer knowledge and skills. Ability to work day and evening hours, weekends, holidays and extended shifts on a frequent basis.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Who is the client company
- The client company is one of the largest privately owned human protein products manufacturer in the world.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com