Medical Records Technician
- Salem, NH
What you'll be doing
- Maintain and control records completion activities and maintenance of all inpatient medical records. Data entry and office support as needed. Review all requests for medical record information from attorneys, patients, insurance companies and physicians through correspondence, telephone and in person; evaluate requests for release according to established policy. Ensure appropriate authorization is obtained for release of information. Review record for protected information that requires an informed consent. Maintain controls, logs, and systems for monitoring dates of release, bills sent, follow-up responses, checks received and other related information. Receive and process subpoenas for medical records and alert supervisor and other appropriate hospital staff members of requests of an unusual or problematic nature. Provide the business office with the necessary information required to submit interim requests for payment. Retrieve, copy and file medical records and perform various job functions including secretarial and office duties such as typing, answering phones, Xeroxing, searching computer data bases, etc. Maintain a manual of all current forms.
What your background should be
- One to three years of medical records, hospital admitting, hospital billing, insurance billing, or unit secretary experience is required. Must be detailed oriented, well organized, and have the ability to work independently. Must also demonstrate good verbal communication with health care professionals and co-workers and demonstrate a friendly, service attitude. Basic computer data base and systems knowledge.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about the medical services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org