Medical Records Supervisor
- Madison, WI
What you'll be doing
- Prepare and maintain patient charts and supervise staff engaged in the filing, retrieval, storage, and destruction of patient records. Make staff assignments and provide instruction and guidance as necessary. Ensure staffs respond to requests for file documents in a timely manner. Ensure that documents filed in the appropriate files in the proper order and that files filed in the proper locations. Company guidelines are consistent with state and federal law regulations including hipaa. Establish and maintain a maintenance system for paper and electronic records including scanning of paper records to electronic. Analyze process and procedure and make recommendations for changes; implement change upon approval. Develop and update policies and procedures for review and approval. Perform all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum two to three years of progressively responsible records management experience in a health care environment. One year of prior supervisory experience is required. Medical records management experience is strongly preferred. Certified medical records technician is preferred. Knowledge of the principles and practices of medical records maintenance. Knowledgeable of hipaa regulations and the applicability of such to medical records management.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree in medical records management or health information.
Who is the client company
- This is a nonprofit organization and united way agency.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org