Medical Records Specialist
- Richmond, VA
What you'll be doing
- Medical record case review specialists that have experience working with case management of medical records, abstraction, and following policies for obtaining missing/incomplete medical record documentation, experience with medical records, knowledge of what constitutes required documentation in inpatient/outpatient medical records, physician office records, laboratory/radiology, and other types of medical records will provide first level expertise in clinical documentation review. Utilize medical record knowledge and experience in order to determine completeness of medical records. Formulate written requests for additional medical record documentation. Apply knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding in order to determine services rendered. Sort and notate medical record layouts, formats, and abstraction for a variety of medical settings.
What your background should be
- At least 1 year of experience in clinical documentation review/abstraction. Previous experience with the review of medical claims and medical record requests. Previous utilization review experience. Ability to work as part of team and independently when necessary. Excellent oral and written communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and end users. LPN (licensed practical nurse), CPMA (certified professional medical auditor) and CDIP (certified documentation improvement practitioner) is preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Minimum associates degree or equivalent experience in relevant areas of expertise.
Who is the client company
- Concern about information technology and services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com