Medical Office Associate
- Roanoke, VA
What you'll be doing
- Accountable for performing four of the core job responsibilities (patient registration, patient scheduling, switchboard/phones, patient check in process, patient check out process, and/or medical record maintenance) in addition to basic front office workflow functions vital to the effective and efficient functioning of the medical practice, clinic, and/or department. Perform additional functions related to front office operations to meet specific needs of the practice, clinic and/or department. Serve as a resource person for patient, physician, office staff, various facilities, service lines, and outside agencies utilizing effective communication, courtesy, confidentiality and professionalism in all interactions.
What your background should be
- Prior experience in a physician office/medical office, data processing and/or with multi-line telephones preferred. Previous registration and/or medical insurance experience preferred. Strongly prefer knowledge of ICD 9 & CPT coding. Must be customer driven, have strong grammar, spelling and punctuation skills, knowledge of medical terminology, knowledge of office procedures and equipment, proficiency in computer data entry/keyboarding, ability to use electronic medical records and good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Microsoft software applications preferred (Word, Excel).
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree or continued administrative education preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a not-for-profit health care organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com