Medical Lab Scientist
- Phoenix, AZ
What you'll be doing
- The medical laboratory scientist performs and interprets standard, complex and specialized laboratory tests. The medical laboratory scientist has an understanding of the underlying scientific principles of laboratory testing as well as the technical, procedural, and problem-solving aspects. The medical laboratory scientist correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states, determines validity of test results and need for additional investigation. The medical laboratory scientist has an understanding of quality control programs and evaluates computer-generated data and troubleshoots problems. The medical laboratory scientist is able to participate in the introduction, investigation and implementation of new procedures and in the evaluation of new instruments. The medical laboratory scientist understands and enforces regulatory requirements and safety regulations. This position receives supervision of completed work activities from the supervisor.
What your background should be
- Clinical laboratory experience is preferred. Current nationally recognized certification (ASCP or equivalent) is required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of a clinical laboratory science program from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience required.
Who is the client company
- The client organization has provided hope, healing, and the best healthcare for children since it was born and has grown to become one of the largest children hospitals in the country.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org