Medical Billing Associate
- San Diego, CA
What you'll be doing
- The Billing Associate will be responsible for processing and supporting molecular medicine billings. The ideal candidate will follow up on outstanding accounts receivable and research open billing items with ordering clients, insurance companies, and patients. Identify and resolve billing issues. Contact insurance companies to inquire on payment status of claims outstanding. Contact patients to collect money owed and process credit card payments on the phone. Respond to requests for medical records and/or additional information. Preform other duties assigned by leadership.
What your background should be
- 2+ years of experience in a medical billing environment required. Healthcare collection experience with third party payers and/or patient. Previous experience dealing with a high volume of accounts effectively. Resolution ability to respond appropriately and timely and result in payment of account. Strong analytical skills to determine root cause of nonpayment. Ability to multi-task and transition to new assignments as needed. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally as a representative of the company. Also skills in medical billing, collections, accounts receivable and coding.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma required. Associates or Bachelor degree highly preferred.
Who is the client company
- The company provides scientific employment and staffing services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com