Medical Assistant, Urgent Care, Pediatrics
- Melbourne, FL
What you'll be doing
- The medical assistant is an important liaison between the patient and the physician. The medical assistant coordinate patient flow, review chart for current information, ensure that the appropriate paperwork or film accompany the patient to the room and enter pertinent history. Act as a resource to other medical assistant and cross cover as needed. Room patient, ensuring appropriate documentation is with the patient as well as x-ray, lab and test result. Ensure patient properly gowned prior to x-ray and examination. Act as a liaison between support service and other clinical division. Ensure patients are authorized, according to insurance policy, prior to DME distribution. Perform all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Medical assistant certification. American heart association BLS required upon hire. Minimum one year work experience as a medical assistant required. Pediatric experience required. Urgent care or experience preferred. Phlebotomy experience preferred. Bilingual preferred. Authorize any test, PT and OT that may be required. The ability to cross cover at least one other clerical or clinical position. The ability to assess parent and patient concerns and respond appropriately.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com