Medical Assistant Sr. Representative
- Sterling, VA
What you'll be doing
- The medical assistant will perform routine clinical and business office functions. Routine clinical tasks are performed for various practices under the direct supervision of a licensed physician. All business office functions are performed under the supervision of the site practice coordinator. The medical assistant completes pain screening, records height, weight and vital signs, explains treatment procedures to patients, prepares patients for examinations and procedures, assists the physician during the examination and procedures, collects and prepares laboratory specimens, performs basic laboratory tests (waived testing) on the premises, sterilizes medical instruments, promotes patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, prepares and administers medications as directed by a physician, authorizes drug refills as directed by the physician, telephones prescriptions to a pharmacy, draws blood, prepares patients for x-rays, tests and procedures, takes electrocardiograms, removes sutures/ staples, changes sterile and non-sterile dressings, performs other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician, demonstrates competency in job skills and attends mandatory training programs, verbalizes knowledge of and participates in emergency management exercises, ensures functionality and maintenance of medical equipment and participates in maintaining continuous accreditation readiness. Answers telephones, greets patients, updates and files patient medical records, fills out insurance forms, handles correspondence, schedules appointments, arranges for hospital admissions, process referral requests, arranges for laboratory services, handles billing and bookkeeping, maintains computerized schedules, collects cash for previous account balances, co-payments, deductibles and non-covered insurance services, completes daily reconciliation of batching and cash drawer receipts, accesses patient inquiry screens from the department's computerized patient data system to assist patients with billing related issues, informs patients of delays in appointment times and/or processing of patient requests, adheres to the revenue cycle policy, ensures accurate third party billing (verification) for all patients and performs other administrative duties as directed.
What your background should be
- Minimum 9+ months of experience as a medical assistant. Experience with EMR (electronic medical records). Documented proof of medical assistant program completion is required, certification with the AAMA or AMT is preferred (CMA/RMA). Current BLS certification through the American heart association, or within 60 days of date of hire.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concerns with computer hardware,computer software,IT consulting and IT services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com