- Phoenix, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician. Acts as chaperon as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed. Provides clerical support with patient or client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit.
What your background should be
- Knowledge as normally obtained through graduation from an accredited medical assisting program. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations. Medical assistant certification required. All direct patient care personnel are required to demonstrate competent performance of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BLS) techniques for adults, children and infants according to the standards of a nationally recognized, standardized, credentialed healthcare provider course every other year. Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion. Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a non-profit health system in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com