- San Antonio, TX
What you'll be doing
- Assists in the examination, treatment and care of patients. Also, responsible for phones, appointments, filing and chart preparation. Performs POCT procedures as trained and instructed. Assists in obtaining authorizations for clinic visits, for diagnostic procedures and surgeries. Takes patient blood pressure, weight, pulse, temperature, and/or respiration and complete patient history information during medical visit. Responsible for handling all aspects of a clinic/hospital wide activity such as phones, appointments, report distribution, data entry of charts and lab and x-ray, patient transport and assistance. Assists patients and families with referrals and discharges. Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department. Appropriately adapts assigned patient care assessment, treatment, and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age specific and other developmental needs of each patient served. Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and federal agencies, the hospital, and other regulatory entities. Performs all duties.
What your background should be
- Two (2) years experience in a medical setting with medical terminology knowledge preferred. Demonstrable experience with PC, faxes and multi-line phones. Ability to work well with people. Ability to work within deadlines and prioritize. Ability to utilize blood pressure monitor and thermometer.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program strongly preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a not for profit health organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org