- Signal Mountain, TN
What you'll be doing
- Provide care and support to patients under the direction of the physician or mid-level provider. Contribute to the planning and delivery of patient focused care. Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem. Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education. Document procedures and interactions in the patient's medical record. Provide patient mobility assistance, as necessary. Screen, communicate and respond to patient needs appropriately. Assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures. Administer ordered medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intra-dermal routes. Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to the exposure control plan; anticipate practitioner's needs for medications, supplies and equipment and plan accordingly. Actively participate in continuing education, required meetings and participate in committees as requested. Use standard precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials.
What your background should be
- 5 years experience in lieu of educational requirements. AAMA certification from the American association of medical assistant preferred. Certified medical office assistant. At least one to three years experience as a certified medical assistant in a clinic or acute care setting preferred. CPR or BLS basic life support certification from American heart association is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations. Demonstrated knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Ability to understand and effectively apply and follow established standards, protocols and to maintain quality control standards; including safety, risk management and universal precautions standards and guidelines. Ability to read, interprets and applies organizational and departmental policies, regulations and procedures in order to administer patient care.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Associate degree from a 2 year accredited college preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org