- Watertown, MA
What you'll be doing
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of physician, advanced practitioner or RN in compliance with state practice acts and regulations. Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and records information on patients charts. Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination. Cleans and sterilizes instruments. Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials. Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests. Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests. Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients. Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms and provides assistance at front desk. Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records. Perform other duties may be assigned.
What your background should be
- 1+ years experience highly preferred. Current certification in AHA or ARC. Basic life support for health care providers is required, advanced cardiac life support may also be required based on contract scope of services. Knowledge of internet software, spreadsheet software and Word processing software. Certification or eligibility for certification as a medical assistant from the American academy of medical assistants, the American medical technologist organization, the national center for competency testing or current registration with the American registry of medical assistants.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree or equivalent from an accredited medical assistant training program.
Who is the client company
- Concern about health, wellness and fitness services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org