- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Assists physicians and advanced clinical practitioners with patient care, clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. Schedules appointments and maintains medical record. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize the benefit from the practice service. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the ages, developmental stages and special needs of the population served. Records patient general condition. Takes and records vital signs and patient height and weight. Participates in procedure verification/universal protocol in the absence of an RN. Assists with patient inquiries for prescription refills, appointment scheduling and referral authorizations as needed. Documents all patient care/interactions in patient medical record. Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials and communication of physician advice and instructions. Responds quickly to patient medical status and initiates the emergency response system as necessary. Completes CLA approved waived laboratory test and proactive specific diagnostic testing. Performs facility acuity coding by selecting the appropriate level of service for adverse patient population, ensuring that all pertinent clinical information is documented in the patient medical record and supports the level of service selected.
What your background should be
- Minimum 2+ years of verifiable clinical work experience is required. Applicant must be able to respond quickly to change in patient and unit/clinic conditions.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a nonprofit hospital network which operates hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, urgent care centers, and medical practices.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com