- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Perform advanced direct and indirect patient care, under the direction of a physician, as specified in the skills inventory, in a competent manner, according to the needs/age of the patient/population served; assist in planning and implementing direct patient care; documents care provided in patient medical record in accordance with practice policies/procedures. Assist with the collection of patient/family data per practice protocol, including: biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, medications, allergies and environmental information (current and historical); collects and documents vital signs, height/weight and chief complaint; records gathered information timely and with accuracy. Provide general patient care; prepares patient for examination; assist provider with treatments/procedures; performs treatment/procedures; calls in prescriptions; takes patient phone calls and offers advice; triages appointments; and stocks rooms. Assist physicians in meeting patient/family learning needs; maintains communication with physicians and healthcare team members to ensure quality of care. Administer medication as directed using five rights. Ensure safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all organization policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
What your background should be
- One year of clinical experience in a designated specialty area preferred. CPR certification current with 30 days of hire. Ability to understand written instructions and perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures. Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending and lifting. Required knowledge of OSHA and CLIA, HIPAA, general office tasks and filing systems.
Required Schooling / Training
- Medical assistant certification from an accredited school.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital and healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com