- Signal Mountain, TN
What you'll be doing
- Assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures. Administer ordered medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intra-dermal routes. Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to the exposure control plan; anticipate practitioner's needs for medications, supplies and equipment and plan accordingly. Actively participate in continuing education, required meetings and participate in committees as requested. Use standard precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials.
What your background should be
- Minimum 5 years of experience in lieu of educational requirements. AAMA certification from the American association of medical assistant preferred. At least one to three years of experience as a certified medical assistant in a clinic or acute care setting preferred. CPR/BLS basic life support certification from American heart association is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations. Demonstrated knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, including proper grammar, presentation, spelling, punctuation, and composition in order to maintain records and record test results. Ability to demonstrate effective patient care techniques with confidence. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff and the public. Ability to demonstrate effective time management, office and departmental organization, exercising good judgment, and decision-making. Ability to work effectively under pressure and to use discretion with confidential data that may impact staff and operation of the clinic. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks. Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level of proficiency including basic computer entry functions and keyboarding skills required. Schedule patient appointments and perform other clerical duties as needed.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Associate degree, diploma, from a two-year accredited college preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org