- Boston, MA
What you'll be doing
- Greet and escort patients to the examination rooms for each of 9 outpatient clinic MDS. Insure that patients are being taken in the proper order to insure patient flow is maximized. Inform patients of any physician delays that may affect their appointment. Continually communicate delays to the check in personnel so they may inform patients in the waiting room. Provide support to patients during specific procedures and assist physicians in the performance of selected procedures. Perform medical assisting procedures to patients: measure temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure and weight, when indicated. Review chart to insure proper completion of information as well as documentation provided: op notes, pathology reports, lab reports, sleep studies, radiology films, audiograms, etc. Obtain missing information via phone call or use the electronic medical record system (LMR) to insure all patient information is on screen when the physician enters exam room. Maintain the confidentiality and privacy of patient information by making sure charts are not left unattended in public areas, exam room doors are closed and patient consultations are kept behind closed doors. Restock needed supplies in the rooms and make sure that different size suctions/mirrors/alligators/hartmans/forceps are in the drawers. Ensure that the lido/neo bottles are in working condition. Check the cidex/enzyme cart and check daily cidex using the test strips and log appropriately. Contact the physician when first patient comes if they are not already there. Assist with supply management for work area. Complete other assignments as requested by the nurse practitioner and/or division administrator.
What your background should be
- Two years or more experience in a medical practice or hospital setting. Must be computer and language literate in order to document patient conversations and requests in the permanent electronic record. Recommended graduate of an approved medical assistant certification program. Bilingual preferred (with focus on Spanish). Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and attention to detail. Maintain a mature and professional attitude, including ability to perform duties under pressure. Excellent interpersonal skills are required. Ability and willingness to learn complex appointment scheduling systems. Must be able to work independently and as a team member. Must have general office skills such as proper telephone and message taking skills, computer systems, and fax and copy machines. Standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling are all activities inherent to this position. Must be flexible regarding time requirements.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about health and wellness services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org