- Kettering, OH
What you'll be doing
- The clinical support staff is responsible for general clinical and procedural patient care under the direction and direct supervision of the centers physicians or practice manager. In coordination with providers and other staff, ensures smooth, efficient patient flow. Interviews patients to obtain an appropriate history and current medical information for the patients record. Obtains check-in information including chief complaint, current medications list, vital signs, etc. Furnishes the patient with appropriate information on health-related issues, as directed by the provider. Documents all patient encounters using appropriate medical terminology. Meets state and nation regulatory compliance issues. Provides a safe environment for patients and others. Participates in quality initiatives and implements as necessary. Maintains a basic understanding of commonly dispensed pharmaceuticals, their indications, dosages, adverse reactions, and administration techniques. As directed by the provider, calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy. Manages the pharmacy line. Properly inventories and orders routine medical and medically-related supplies and services. Upon provider order, advises patients of testing and referral results and ensures that appropriate follow-up call is provided. Responds to incoming and outgoing correspondence. Assures that appropriate signed releases are acquired and office records and forms are distributed and forwarded to appropriate parties. Handles telephone management according to accepted standards of care under direct supervision of the physician and/or consultation of the rn. Implements the behavioral standards for phn/phs, including customer service and teamwork standards. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Completion of an accredited medical assistant program preferred; certification preferred. Maintains current certification with ceu requirements. Prior experience in ambulatory health care facility preferred. Ability to learn related center tasks and be of assistance to management and physicians. Self-motivated to achieve the highest patient care and customer service standards. Cpr certified within the first 3 months of employment. Knowledge of icd-9 and cpt coding. Familiarity with the epic emr is strongly preferred. Thorough understanding of hipaa law.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a medical and health care services provider.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com