- Burien, WA
What you'll be doing
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Provide patient mobility assistance, as necessary. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem. Assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures as outlined in the FMG scope of practice policy and the state of Washington. Diagnostic tests and procedures may include venous and capillary invasive procedures for blood draw, intradermal (including skin tests), subcutaneous and intramuscular injections for diagnostic and/or therapeutic agents. Administer ordered medications via, oral, topical, rectal, otic, ophthalmic and inhaled. Administer vaccines via oral, topically and by injection and nasal administration. Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education. Screen, communicate and respond to patient needs appropriately within the scope of authority as outlined in the FMG scope of practice policy and the state of Washington. Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly. Document procedures and interactions in patient medical record. Schedule patient appointments and perform other clerical duties as needed. Actively participate in continuing education, required meetings and participates in committees as requested. Other performs related duties as required.
What your background should be
- Must be certified or able to be certified at levels A, C and E. Must have WA state certification as a medical assistant. Effective one year experience as a certified medical assistant in a clinic or acute care setting preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org