Medical Administrative Assistant-Outpatient
- Kotzebue, AK
What you'll be doing
- Carries out reception duties including receiving, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls, and prioritizing and passing on information. Performs clerical duties as required to support assigned care team, including typing letters, memos, minutes, reports, faxing and copying. Maintains files in a secure and organized manner. Compiles and inputs data into computer system as directed by the care team. Notifies patients of normal labs only when directed to do so by provider or nurse. Requests charts from medical records and assists in chart reviews. Assists with care team projects as assigned including patient databases and pending follow-up. Assists with the referral process, including patient travel, in collaboration with speciality and care team staff as directed. Assists care team with patient letters as directed. Participates in departmental and organizational performance improvement activities. Treats all patients and staff with dignity and respect. Schedule appointments at MHC as directed by the care team.
What your background should be
- 3-6 months previous health service experience (may be waived by program manager). Must be willing to complete medical terminology course and receive certification within 12 months of hire. Knowledge of EHR and RPMS system preferred. Ability to utilize various computer programs and type well enough to carry out job duties efficiently. Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times. Requires good interpersonal and communication skills. Requires strong organizational skills and ability to maintain file systems. Requires excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette. CPR/BLS required. Must obtain CPR/BLS within 6 months of hire date. Proficient in use of EHR, RPMS, scheduling GUI, ANMC provider portal. Knowledgeable of appropriate information from the patient record that should be included with referrals.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com