- Dallas, TX
What you'll be doing
- Provide group instruction and individual guidance to students to help them locate resources and use research techniques. Consult teachers on appropriate use of materials and help them schedule materials for classroom instruction. Serve as information resources for users of library media center materials and provide staff development opportunities for teachers on the availability and use of campus and district learning resources. Assist in preparation of bibliographies and curriculum guides. Manage acquisitions, processing, organizing, distribution, maintenance, and inventory of resources. Coordinate development and maintenance of community resources file. Maintain schedules for instructional television programs to encourage use of video programs for educational purposes. Create a library/media center environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity level and interests of the students. Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement. Carry out discipline in accordance with board policies and administrative regulations. Comply with federal and state laws, state board of education rule, and board policy in the library/media services area. Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the library/media center program and make changes based on the findings.
What your background should be
- Minimum six months of experience as a library aide or volunteer. Library certification, MLS preferred. Knowledge of library science. Demonstrated ability to instruct and manage student behavior. Must have good communication skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in a related field.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com