- Austin, TX
What you'll be doing
- Materials manager will ensure that logistic and shipping activities support the operational plan and maximize profits, by purchasing the highest quality equipment and products at the lowest possible prices. Ensure safe working conditions for employees and effective use of space. Plan material activities to meet the customer commitments and keep the production floor supplied. Maintain accuracy in the ERP system. Provide all material logistics and initiate corrective actions where identified. Ensure effective and adequate housekeeping standards for safe and efficient operation. Maintain inventories to meet production requirements and minimize cost of inventory on-hand. Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
What your background should be
- A thorough understanding and demonstrated capability in materials management from supplier selection to shipping. Specific experience should include: supplier selection and development. Negotiation skills. Understanding of supply chain management and use of supplier performance metrics. Procurement strategy, including outsourcing or insourcing. Working within an ERP-driven environment. Effective delegation and use of influencing skills to create cross-departmental teams. An effective communicator using appropriate influencing and delegation skills to achieve objectives. Ability to coach or mentor and develop successors and subordinate teams.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor related degree or equivalent experience.
Who is the client company
- This is a leading provider of high technology tools and systems for research and industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org