Material Handler/Forklift Operator
- Freedom, PA
What you'll be doing
- The material handler/forklift operator is responsible for moving material from the trucks, onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand or with lifting device. The responsible person conveys material to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck or other device. Counts, weighs and records number of units of materials moved or handled on work order sheets, shipping documents or count sheets. Lifts heavy objects by hand or using manual hoist. Assembles crates to contain products, such as machines or machine components, using hand tools and lumber. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, boxes or other containers. The material handler/forklift operator pens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer or other hand tools. Checks that proper quantity is being given and received by comparing the quantity with paperwork. Ensures that proper quantities are kept for each assembly line including filling hardware bins, kitting parts, filling pick lists and conveying parts from the sub-assembly areas to the finish assembly lines. Cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags and cleaning compounds.
What your background should be
- The work of a material handler involves physical labor and use of some basic observation and managing skills. A person applying for this job must have the following skills:physical stamina to be able to walk around the floor area, know how to sort and classify things; be able to use simple machinery for moving materials;be able to work in a loud, noisy and congested environment;have basic skills to record material handling transactions and issue proper documents while receiving and giving material; have knowledge of safety standards. The applicant must have at least 6 months verifiable experience operating a forklift. Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required.
Required Schooling / Training
- At least have a high school or general education degree (GED) and one to two years related experience.
Who is the client company
- This is a human resource consulting service industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org