Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Costa Mesa, CA
What you'll be doing
- Coordinate and manage the planning, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new and existing products. Apply lean manufacturing techniques and quality improvements methods to assure product quality, cost reduction and efficiency. Directly manage, support and provide direction and leadership to manufacturing engineers, engineering technicians, engineering assistants, mold makers and machinists. Participate as a member of the management team to establish overall vision, goals and strategies; oversee employee communication efforts to ensure understanding of the company strategic direction. Influence change in a positive manner by developing and accomplishing specific group goals; lead staff towards attaining group objectives by providing leadership, counseling employees, conducting/assisting in evaluations, staff training and problem solving. Responsible for hiring and retaining a diverse and highly-qualified engineering department. Prepare progress report to inform management of project status and deviation from goals. Participate in the annual budget for engineering equipment/enhancements to accomplish goals. Identify and implement new technologies, equipment and capabilities as required to support the growth of the company.
What your background should be
- Minimum eight years of experience in an engineering related position. An astute knowledge of the CAD software in a manufacturing environment. Must be willing to participate in business travel, as required. Ability to retain a broad range of knowledge performed in the engineering field. Excellent written and oral communication skills; must have the ability to communicate effectively. Must have the ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to management, employees, auditors and customers.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in engineering.
Who is the client company
- The company designs and manufactures medical cables and interconnect products and systems of the highest quality.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com