- Savannah, GA
What you'll be doing
- Perform technical studies and conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Develop plans and recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components. Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility. Conduct research, investigation and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements. Perform predictability studies from engineering drawings. Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed. Incorporate lean manufacturing methodology into existing and future processes. Apply lean and six sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader. Support all safety, sustainability and ergonomic initiatives. Aid in development and maintenance of business continuity plan. Initiate and maintain accurate daily/weekly activity status based on work output, as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have experience in related field. Basic knowledge of lean and six sigma principles. Must be knowledgeable about engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math. Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, etc. Lean specialist certification or higher is preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in mechanical.
Who is the client company
- This is an American aerospace and defense company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com