Manager/Associate Director, Asset Planner
- New York, NY
What you'll be doing
- Works with the project manager, development and commercial project team members and platform line representatives to create project schedules that enable effective planning and project delivery. Directly accountable for coordinating, monitoring and reporting project schedule information to enable alignment of BU and partner line FTE and dollar resources. Identifies and raises schedule conflict risks and resource peaks/troughs appropriately for resolution. Directly participates in and contributes to cross-functional and functional teams to discuss, review, and optimize protocol/project/program schedules, and resource management plans. Monitors progress of project activities towards next project milestone, anticipates and highlights potential variances, supports line/team in critical path analyses and understanding the impact, works with the PM and the project team to identify/recommend solutions to schedule risk. Performs scenario planning of project timelines within and across protocols and across disease area/portfolio to enable optimum use of local, global, and outsourced resources to ensure efficient delivery of project milestones. Contributes to the validation of resource information at the project level with the project teams. Supports negotiations in the allocation of line resources to support the endorsed development plan. Facilitates the identification of operation and project/program issues for discussion with appropriate team leadership and bring forward options for resolution. Provides the portfolio operations group with project schedule information to enable effective portfolio management activities. Provides timely reporting to the project manager, portfolio operations, and project teams, alerting them to the possibility of endangered/missed or conflicting milestones, critical path activities. Ensures regular information updates, analysis and interpretation of planning and forecasting data to project teams, portfolio operations, platforms lines and management teams. Provides context to local customers of reports generated globally and consolidates customer feedback to enable improvement of existing reports and generation of new reports. Develops and maintains project schedule visual depictions for governance and team use. Contributes to continuous improvement of project plans, plan generation, plan utilization, and reporting creating/developing processes, or systems/process integration. Collaborates with BU colleagues to ensure cross-team and site learning, and best practices are shared. Promotes platform lines/teams taking ownership of data within planning tools to help them in management of their business. Provides training and mentorship to new and established users in planning systems, and associated operating procedures and reporting.
What your background should be
- At least 3 years experience in project planning and project management and 5 years experience in pharmaceutical development. Experienced with planning and resource forecasting tools (enterprise project management, planisware). Experienced user of business intelligence reporting tools (e.g. business objects, spot fire). Trained/experienced in negotiation, facilitation and managing matrix team dynamics.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor level degree or equivalent experience
Who is the client company
- This is an American multinational pharmaceutical corporation.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com