Manager, Staff Industrial Engineer
- Bolingbrook, IL
What you'll be doing
- Develop concepts, processes and work methods and processes to support business and growth requirements. Develop ergonomic workstations and flow based processes to maximize space and labor utilization. Develop appropriate schemes and layouts to support processes. Determine, develop and implement appropriate levels of automation and mechanization using sound financial analysis and justification. Interface with various vendors to implement automation and technologies. Manage and direct all automation projects utilizing sound project management principles and tools. Analyze and develop engineered standards utilizing time and motion studies, statistical analysis and manpower planning tools to improve productivity, accuracy and service level. Implement multi-variable engineered standards based incentive programs as directed. Set up lm program and reporting system determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommend methods for maximum asset utilization of production facilities and personnel. Implement required improvements in workflow. Responsible for creating a continuous improvement investigating problems, generating recommendations and implementing solutions based on the use of analytical tools. Adjust and revitalize standards, procedures and layouts as needed to reflect changes in policy or procedure.
What your background should be
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a high volume automated retail distribution environment. Good understanding of industrial engineering principles and techniques. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and AutoCAD. Knowledge of Visio will be helpful. Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish the stated goals. Highly developed problem solving and prioritization skills that will be demonstrated by the successful and timely completion of assignments. Experience in implementing conveyors, sortation systems, light directed technology, carousels, rf directed applications, workstation design, work aids and tools, etc. With a proven track record. Experience in developing and implementing engineered work standards, lM system and incentive programs.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in industrial engineering from an accredited college in related discipline.
Who is the client company
- This is a chain of beauty stores in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com