Manager of Systems Engineering
- Roanoke, VA
What you'll be doing
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of technology projects to ensure that project goals are accomplished by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Perform project management duties in execution of engineering projects as related to areas of technical responsibility. Provide the highest level of technical support through management of staff and directly to insure system availability at the company. The systems engineering manager is responsible for the selection, development, integration, and maintenance of system software, operating systems, third party software, computing hardware, network infrastructure and peripheral devices. Facilitate communications both intra and inter departmentally in support of the company business objectives. Manage the development of staff to grow technical expertise in support of the company computing or network environment. A systems engineering manager will plan, structure, and control assigned projects providing timely status reporting to key management team members. Additional responsibilities associated with the role of resource management include the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of engineering personnel and the subsequent development, mentoring, and periodic review of the assigned team. Consult with senior engineers while working with infrastructure and applications teams to troubleshoot complex problems, providing root cause analysis and remediation to mitigate future risk. Other duties may be assigned.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have 8 to 10+ years experience of building information technology teams; developing, executing and monitoring project plans based upon PMBOK standards. Must possess detailed working knowledge of backup and recovery systems operations and business continuity practices as deployed in a mission critical, multi-site enterprise environment. Must have a very strong background in Tivoli storage manager.
Required Schooling / Training
- Master degree in information technology or engineering field.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest retailers of automotive replacement parts and accessories company in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org