Manager of Information Systems
- Rockville, MD
What you'll be doing
- Manage project stakeholder expectations and lead the technical analysis and design phases to formally document stakeholder requirements. Successfully project-manage software development projects that deliver against project goals and meet stakeholder requirements. Utilize project management techniques including project initiation, project planning prioritization, tracking and communication. Create and implement roll-out plans for new releases; coordinate with IT operations and communications team as needed. Develop and implement communication strategies to keep supervisor, stakeholders and other constituents informed of progress. Manage the competitive bid process and develop request for proposals (RFP), score proposals and develop vendor contracts within contracting process. Manage vendors and contractors that provide it services to team projects. Supervise information systems team of developers providing direction, coordination and motivation. Carry out annual and semi-annual performance appraisals and facilitate professional development opportunities. Develop high quality and secure web-based systems that meet stakeholders needs.
What your background should be
- Experience leading web-based software development initiatives and supervising software developers. Demonstrated Microsoft SharePoint experience. Outstanding project management skills, including experience with internet technologies, web-portal technologies and software development. Ability to set, manage and meet deadlines under changing conditions and circumstances. Outstanding ability to communicate orally and in writing. Strong analytical/design, organizational and problem solving skills. Experience evaluating and managing vendor relationships. Minimum five years of progressive experience with technical project management and vendor management.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in information technology or related field.
Who is the client company
- A nonprofit organization that provides job training, employment placement services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com